Studies and Training Abroad


Choose Europe!

Application for Oamk exchange opportunities in Europe for the next Academic 2024-25 is now open. Apply by 29.2.

For more information, please see Oiva: Call for applications


"If you dare to dream big, if you want to challenge and learn new things about yourself, if you are passionate about getting to know new cultures and developing your professional expertise, if you want to expand your international network or live abroad – don’t hesitate, just do it and study abroad. You can always return to Finland, but this is a unique opportunity that will not be repeated every day.  " Eeva, business 

Eeva is one of the many Oamk students who have seized the moment and completed part of their degree at a partner university and/or a practical training period abroad. You too can complete a study or practical training period abroad by making use of Oamk's extensive partner university network and different exchange programmes. 

An exchange is an opportunity to study abroad for a term or an academic year (student exchange) or to complete your practical training period abroad (traineeship exchange). An exchange may consist of studies, traineeship, or both, with certain conditions.  In addition, Oamk has double degree agreements with certain international partner universities, which means that you can receive two diplomas during your studies by completing an academic year at a partner university.     

Employers value the following characteristics and skills a student develops during an exchange:    

  1. Wide, global experience   Capture2.JPG
  2. Enthusiasm   
  3. Knowledge of cultures   
  4. Independence   
  5. The ability to solve problems   
  6. Developed social skills   
  7. Adaptability   
  8. Fresh new perspectives   
  9. Appreciation of difference   
  10. Willingness to take risks and initiative   

Whether you are heading abroad to study or for traineeship, you will receive a grant from the exchange programme or Oamk for your exchange.  International mobility services and Oamk Service Team support and encourage you throughout your exchange and ensure you have everything you need to get ready for your period abroad.

  • Oamk student exchange experiences

    The exchange experiences of former students play an important role when new students consider their options abroad. In Oamk student stories, you’ll also find experiences of studies abroad:

    When planning your stay, the exchange reports of Oamk students abroad offer you good practical tips and loads of destination specific useful information. You’ll find the reports in exchange destination database (-> click the name of the university -> in new information page: exchange reports).

    You may also cure your acute case of travel fever with Instagram and #oamkabroad, from where we have collected all the photos on this page. In addition to Oamk student experiences, for example north2north exchange programme has an own site for n2n students’ exchange testimonials.

  • Studying Abroad and Exchange Programmes

    Usually, study exchanges are based on an agreement between Oamk and a foreign university or different exchange programmes. It’s a good idea to get to know these when you’re looking for the best option for yourself.    


    Erasmus+ mobility programme  

    Erasmus_EU_emblem_with_tagline-pos-EN (2).png

     We are part of the European Union’s Erasmus + programme through which you can apply for a study or practical training exchange in our destinations in the EU and EEA countries. Erasmus + exchange refers to studying at our partner universities located in the EU countries or EEA countries. Erasmus + grants you 12 months of study or practical training exchange in the programme’s destination countries. This means you can complete both studies and practical training, or only studies or a practical training course within the programme. At the bachelor level, you have 12 months, but if you continue your studies, you will receive another 12 months for your master’s degree.  



    Double degrees   

    Double degree agreements have been signed with some international partner universities that allow the students of some degree programmes to complete another bachelor’s degree in addition to their Oamk bachelor’s degree. All double degree programmes are taught in English.  You can see all double degrees in their own “Double Degrees” section.   



    University of the Arctic north2north programme    

    The programme offers student exchange in the northern regions (the Nordic countries, Canada and USA).  Because of the special nature of the programme and a separate application round, you should read uArctic’s own website carefully at    


    Bilateral destinations outside Europe 

    Bilateral agreements refer to cooperation with universities outside Europe. Oamk has bilateral agreements with universities in China, Japan and South Korea, among others. In most of the cases, you do not have to pay tuition fees if you choose one of these destinations.    


    Independently arranged freemover exchanges   

    You can also make personal arrangements with a university or participate in a paid exchange programme, such as an exchange via Asia Exchange or Beyond Abroad. These are called freemover exchanges.  In a freemover exchange, you have to pay your possible tuition at the destination university yourself, but you will get Oamk grants and support from the International Mobility Services for a freemover exchange as well. The preconditions for an independently arranged exchange are as with all other exchanges, so make sure to check them in the “Prerequisites for a study exchange” section.    


    Capture.JPGExchange opportunities for master’s degree students   

    Oamk has some partner universities where students can choose their studies from the master’s level as agreed. If the completion of master’s level studies has not been agreed with the partner university, the matter must be inquired into on a case-by-case basis. You can find more information about applying in the “Application periods and applying” section. Also remember to read through the sections “Prerequisites for a study exchange” and “Exchange destinations”. They feature useful information about the general principles of the exchange, among other things.  


    Short-term study exchanges and summer schools    

    Student exchanges and traineeships shorter than the recommended minimum may also receive a grant, but special rules apply; for example, these can be justified if the student is employed full-time or would find longer periods challenging for family reasons. A shorter duration must always have separate justification from the student and the approval of their department.    

    Short-term exchanges can also be special summer schools organised by foreign universities that are subject to a charge. You can check the offering from the menu at the top right of this page: Quick links, on exchange programmes    

    If you are planning a short-term exchange, please contact the International Mobility Services for more information.   

  • Double Degrees

    In a double degree programme, your first and second year of studies are at Oulu UAS, and in the third year, you study in a partner university, returning to Oulu UAS to complete your degree. As you graduate when you have attained 210–240 credits in your studies, you can receive degrees and diplomas from both universities, depending on your degree programme.   

    You can see the possible double degree programmes and partner universities from the menus below.  

    Double Degree Programmes in Information Technology

    Technological University of Dublin (EDDIT – Double Degree)

    Students who complete a Double Degree in Dublin will graduate from Oamk as Bachelor of Engineering and with the same studies get an Irish Bachelor of Science (Ordinary Level) - degree.

    Hochschule Neu-Ulm (IMA- Double Degree)

    Students who complete the German Double Degree will graduate from Oamk as Bachelor of Engineering and with the same studies, get a German Bachelor of Science -degree.

    For more information on EDDIT and IMA: Kaisa Orajärvi

    Double Degree Programmes in Mechanical Engineering

    Students in mechanical engineering may complete a double degree in the Mechanical Department’s partner universities at Technische Hochschule Ulm in Germany and Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groeningen, the Netherlands. The programme’s duration is one year, and it is worth 60 credits.

    The double degree at Ulm is aimed at students specialising in production technology. The autumn semester is studied at Ulm, and the spring semester consists of a 100-day practical training at a company in the region.

    The double degree at Hanze is aimed at students specialising in machine automation engineering. The autumn semester consists of vocational studies, and the spring semester consists of studies and a project commissioned by a company at Hanze’s premises.

    Students who go to Germany for their double degree will graduate from Oulu UAS as a Bachelor of Engineering and receive the German Bachelor of Engineering degree (BEng) in Production Engineering and Organization diploma for the same studies.

    Those who studied in the Netherlands will graduate from Oulu UAS as a Bachelor of Engineering and receive the Dutch Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Mechanical Engineering diploma for the same studies.

    You can find out more at Elina Bergroth, Timo Väyrynen

    Double Degree Programmes in Business Information Systems

    After two years of studies, students in the information technology degree programme (TIK) can apply for a double degree opportunity at Hochschule Neu-Ulm in Germany. The programme’s duration is one academic year, and it is worth 60 credits.

    Students who complete their double degree studies at Neu-Ulm will graduate from Oulu UAS as a Bachelor of Business Administration and receive the German Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) diploma for the same studies.

    You can find out more at Double Degree HNU, and Tuula Harju

    Double Degree Programmes in Business

    Students in the business (LIK) and international business (DIB) degree programmes may undertake a double degree at Hochschule Neu-Ulm in Germany. In the double degree programme you complete 2 semesters in Germany (60 ECTS), and addition to that, you write your Bachelor's thesis mainly as a distant studying (15 ECTS) under a supervision of a German professor. The programme will be on the 3rd study year and you need to have completed 2 years of Oamk studies prior the double degree. For more information, please contact Jyrki Holappa.

  • Planning Your Study Exchange

    Motivation for your exchange?   

    Think of your motivation for your exchange.  Why do you want to study abroad? Do you want to study in a cultural environment that is as different from your home as possible? Have you thought about a double degree? Are you interested in study modules in a certain field that are not available at Oamk? Are you particularly interested in northern regions and cultures and want to deepen your expertise in the area? Do you want to know what it is like to study at a university?  


    Moberg_kuva_oppaaseen.PNGEach student has their own different and individual reasons for applying for an exchange. Finding the best destination is easier when you know what you are looking for in your exchange – whether it is a boost to your studies from a change of scenery, brushing up your language skills, improving your career opportunities or diving more deeply into a specialty.    




    Where would you like to go?   

    Clarify for yourself where you would like to go. Do you wish to travel a long way, or are interesting destinations closer? Are you in love with metropolises, or would you prefer a smaller town where you can ride your bike everywhere?    

    In the exchange destination database, you can see all the possible study destinations, and you can find video instructions for the use of the database from the menu.   

    When would you like to go?   

    You should also discuss the time of your study exchange with the head of your degree or another teacher responsible for international affairs in the department. You should keep in mind that the length of the exchange is always determined by the academic calendar of your destination. You should think about whether you would like to stay in your destination for the entire academic year or only one term. It’s also good to take into account that the exchange times are different in different destinations: you cannot spend the entire academic year or only the spring term in all destinations, for instance.    

    What would you like to study abroad?   

    Get to know the study offering at the destinations so that they best fit your degree and are as meaningful for you as possible. The best resource for getting to know the modules offered is the website of the receiving university. We have made every effort to link the English course selection of as many universities as possible in the exchange destination database, or at least provide a link to useful information for students heading to the destination in question.    

    Always plan your studies well in advance with the head of your degree/your department’s academic international affairs coordinator.     

    Your own destination or freemover exchange   

    If you are applying for a place of study at a foreign university with which Oulu UAS does not have a partner agreement, you are applying for a “free mover” study exchange.    

    Tips on how to proceed:   

    1. On the university’s website, look for the contact details of their international services. You can use the following search terms: international services/ international office/incoming exchange students.   

    1. When inquiring about a possible exchange, make sure you say you are a degree student at Oamk, and that your university of applied sciences does not have a partner agreement with the university in question. In other words, inquire about a free mover exchange opportunity.   

    1. If you are offered a free mover exchange opportunity, make sure you know how and when you can apply, and if the studies have a cost. In some universities, free mover exchanges are possible but subject to a charge.   

    1. Freemover exchanges must also be approved by the department.    

     The International Mobility Services and the Oamk Service Team will help you in Oamk internal practical procedure and the head of your degree program will help you in planning your exchange studies.    







  • Prerequisites for a Study Exchange

    You can apply for a student exchange when  

    • You have completed at least a year of studies, or you have the equivalent of one year of studies in ECTS in your record.    

    • You have a sufficient number of credits, approx. 30 ECTS per term, 60 ECTS per academic year.   

    • Your exchange has been approved by your study department. This refers to the fact that you should discuss your exchange plans with the head of your degree or a person responsible for international affairs in your degree programme.    

    • Your exchange destination offers studies suitable for your degree programme at a minimum of five credits per exchange month. These credits will allow you to progress in your studies at the appropriate rate.   

    In addition, departments may have their own requirements/recommendations for student exchanges with which you must comply/meet the criteria.  Note that the partner institutions also may have their own requirements such as about the level of your English language. You can receive this information from the person responsible for your department’s international affairs or the head of your degree. 

    saaraeveliinaa_.PNGThe following conditions are met in a suitable exchange:    

    1. The planned duration of the study exchange is at least two months (60 days), with short-term exchanges as exceptions. The duration is calculated according to exact calendar dates.   


    Partner universities have their own dates for terms and academic years with which you must comply. This means you yourself cannot define if you will stay at the destination for three months or another period. The term dates of your destination will define the time you study on exchange.    

    2. You meet the special requirements of the said exchange/exchange programme/exchange destination: for instance, minimum studies of two years (double degrees) or any other similar requirements.    

    3. Even if this is your second exchange, every exchange requires approval from your degree programme.    

  • Exchange Destinations Offered by Oulu UAS


    Oamk's exchange destinations refer to destinations based on official exchange agreements and destinations of exchange programmes in which Oamk is involved.   

    The partner universities of Oamk are mainly study destinations, but some universities do offer practical training opportunities (particularly in the field of social services and healthcare). The opportunities offered by our partner universities are described further in the exchange destination database, and you can find the video instructions on the use of the database in the menu.   

    You will certainly find the most suitable destinations for you.  We have partner universities all around the world.  Some are located in metropolises, some in smaller towns. Many of the destinations are universities of applied sciences, but there are also universities and private institutes of higher education.    

  • Practical Training Periods Abroad

    A practical training period is an integral part of your degree, and you can also complete it abroad. A practical training period abroad is often among the best study-related experiences students have, because it combines opportunities for developing your professional skills, acquiring international expertise and networking internationally.  

    International work experience gained during your studies is certainly a way of standing out when applying for a job, and a practical training period abroad has also been the starting point for an international career and working abroad for many Oamk students. Don’t be shy – seize the opportunity! 



    “Why should I do my practical training abroad? Why not? According to my personal experience, the best things in life happen outside your comfort zone.”/ Student feedback  



    The practical training can be either paid or unpaid – but both are guaranteed to enrich your life with experiences and lessons learnt. Since the practical training abroad is part of your studies, you are also entitled to Kela benefits during your practical training. In addition, Oamk supports international practical training periods included in the degree with grants.  

    The following opportunities are available:   

    Finding your own practical training (minimum duration 2 months)  

    You will individually look for a practical training and have the plan accepted by your degree programme. You will receive either an Erasmus + or Oulu UAS practical training grant, depending on the destination country. There is an ongoing application period for grants for individually arranged practical training.  

    Practical training through a partner university of Oulu UAS (min. duration 2 months)  

    In addition to studies, some of the partner universities of Oamk provide practical training through their networks. These opportunities are mainly in the field of healthcare and social services (in Europe and Kenya), and you must apply for such practical training during the official application periods of Oulu UAS. You will receive either an Erasmus + or Oamk practical training grant, depending on the destination country.   

    Short practical training (from 2 weeks to less than 2 months)   

    If your situation in life or studies does not allow for a longer stay abroad, you can also look for an opportunity for a shorter period. You must find your shorter practical training yourself and have it approved by the degree programme as you would a self-arranged practical training. You will receive Oamk short-term international practical training grant, for which the application period is always ongoing.    

    Practical training for new graduates (2 to 12 months)   

    You can also receive a practical training grant after your graduation, provided that you will be completing your practical training in an EU member country or Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey, Macedonia or Serbia. This opportunity is supported by the Erasmus + practical training grant, with the aim of supporting your employment after graduation. The practical training can also be paid. The practical training agreement must be prepared and signed before you graduate, and the practical training starts and ends within one year of your official graduation. In addition, previous possible Erasmus+ exchanges and the timing of Erasmus+ seasons affect grants and preconditions.   

    “I can recommend the Netherlands for anyone who wants to get to know a beautiful and multicultural country full of windmills. I loved the country so much that now, after my graduation, I will be moving there to work as a nurse.” / Student feedback  


  • Planning Your Practical Training Exchange

    As a rule, students must arrange their practical training abroad independently (an exception to this is the practical training in the field of healthcare and social services organised by partner universities of Oulu UAS). You can look for a position in a company, organisation or association in your field in different countries. Ask questions and find out what a good training position that fits your career choice would be. Which companies, organisations and associations might have jobs that interest you? Which employers and companies do you wish to work for?  

    “If you are interested in developing yourself as an international professional, you should definitely apply for practical training abroad. In addition to work, getting to know locals and all kinds of trip in your spare time will enrichen your memories.” / Student feedback  

    Finding a practical training position   

    Often, practical training arranged by the students themselves is among the best experiences in their study years, so don’t be shy: think of where you would like to work and get the wheels turning. Google is a great resource when you are looking for organisations that advertise practical training (use search terms such as internships abroad, internship, placement, traineeship). In addition, you should look for country-specific websites, such as “Internships in Ireland”.

    You can also ask your teachers, practical training instructor and fellow students for tips and recommendations on destinations. The following links may also come in handy when looking for a practical training position:   

    Applying for practical training   

    When applying for a practical training position, you should act as you would when applying for any other job. Contact the company, be courageous but polite and always include your CV, LinkedIn information or portfolio in your message. Present yourself, your interests and expertise. You should always target your application. If you wish, you can also mention that you are entitled to Oulu UAS’s international practical training grant, which means that unpaid practical training may be a possibility.   


    Accepting practical training   

    When you find a possible practical training course, contact your department’s person in charge of practical training and ensure it is suitable practical training for the job you have in your plans, and you can include it in your degree. The International Mobility Services will help you in applying for a grant and with the necessary contracts.  

    “Doing practical training abroad is worth it, because it may not be possible later on. You will get your foot in the door. You will find new opportunities.” Student feedback  


  • Prerequisites for a Practical Training exchange

    The same rules apply to the content and conditions of practical training abroad as for any other practical training related to your degree programme.  In addition, you should take into account the following matters:   

    • You can do practical training abroad only when you have completed your first academic year of studies.   

    • The destination, content and timing of the practical training must be approved by the head of your department or the person in charge of practical training.   

    • In addition to practical training credits, you can use a practical training exchange to complete project studies or some of your thesis, for instance.   

    • The minimum length of the practical training is two months (60 days), excluding short-term practical training.    

    • To receive a grant for practical training abroad, your practical training must accumulate at least three credits per month and have a minimum of 30 working hours per week.   

    • A practical training entitled to a practical training grant is an exchange that consists of practical work. In some cases, there is an opportunity to include some language studies to the entity, but mostly the exchanges including both work and studies are always handled as study exchange (in terms or grants and other requirements). In case your traineeship plan includes language studies or you are unsure of the correct exchange type, please contact International Mobility Services ( (korvaa # -> @)) for further instructions before submitting your application.

    • If you complete more studies or studies that are not directly related to your practical training in addition to the training, it is a “combined exchange”, and the grants and prerequisites of study exchanges apply.  


    “Things are done differently in different countries, and some things are valued or thought about differently than in Finland. Problems usually begin to be solved when you have learnt to think of matters from several different perspectives.  Practical training abroad gave me very interesting experiences of projects that I would probably never have been able to do in practical training in Finland.  “/ Student feedback  


  • Application Periods and Applying



    The exchange application periods are as follows  




    The application includes two phases: Oamk's internal application according to the application periods mentioned below,  and external application to the host institution where your study department has favored you to apply.

    Oamk's internal application will be done in exchange application portal

    The primary application period for exchanges in partner institutions outside Europe : three first weeks in November    
    • Oulu UAS’s bilateral destinations outside Europe
    • north2north destinations in Canada and USA
    The primary application period for the Europian partner institutions / February: 1–28 February  
    • Study and practical training of Oulu UAS’s Erasmus+ partner universities in Europe.   

    • SEMP partner universities in Switzerland 

    • north2north destinations in Nordic countries

    Primary application period for music/January: 1–31 January   
    • All exchange destinations for music   

    Secondary application period/September (specific dates will be reported each year)   
    • Destinations for which there are still places after the primary application period in the spring.   

    There will be a separate application advertisement on each application round in Oiva after the application period has started. In the primary application period, you will apply for an exchange in the next academic year. Places in the secondary application period are always for the spring term. It is important to apply within the application periods, because applications submitted outside them are not accepted. In addition to these, there is an ongoing application period for grants for individually arranged practical training.  

    “I always dreamed about an exchange and now, after the exchange, I’m so thankful that I did it! This was an incredible experience for all of us! Don’t miss your opportunity! Just go and enjoy what the world teaches you.”/ Student feedback   

  • Funding Your Exchange

    When you are participating in a student or traineeship exchange abroad, you are entitled to apply for a grant from the exchange programme or Oamk. Your destination, the exchange programme, the duration of the exchange and its content affect the amount of the grant.    

    As a rule, only the time you need to be present at the receiving university is counted towards the duration considered for the grant.    

    Another thing you should consider is that if you receive a grant for you study exchange from the Ministry of Education and Culture, the receiving university or another institute, no Oamk grants will be paid.    

    Thirdly, you should keep in mind that grants for exchanges are only paid if the studies or practical training is included in your Oamk degree.   


    Student exchange grants    

    Long-term exchanges, or a student exchange lasting more than 2 months   

    In all the exchanges below, the required minimum number of credits is 5 ECTS per month of studies.    

    Erasmus+ student exchange (for European destinations)  

    In the Erasmus + programmes, the host countries are divided into two categories. Your grant amount is determined by the destination and the duration (in days) of your exchange.    

    Country group 1: Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Luxemburg, Sweden, United Kingdom 
    Country group 2: The Netherlands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Poland, France, Romania, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, Estonia, Serbia

    Country group 1: 540€ / full month
    Country group 2: 490€ / full month

    Daily grant amount

    Country group 1: 18 €/ day

    Country group 2: 16,33 €/day

    Erasmus+ additional grants

    These additional grants are for eligible students going on Erasmus+ study and traineeship exchanges. 

    Erasmus+ Fewer Opportunities grant top up 

    If you belong to any the following groups, you can apply for a Fewer Opportunities grant top up which is 250 € per month. Please email us at: (korvaa # -> @)" rel="noreferrer noopener" target="_blank"> (korvaa # -> @) if:  

    • You have underaged dependants.  

    • You are a personal carer.  

    • You have the EU disability card or are entitled to it.  

    • You have at least a moderate functional deficiency due to a disability or a severe or chronic health issue. 

    • You have received international, subsidiary or temporary protection.

    Erasmus+ Green travel grant 

    You can apply for the green travel grant when at least half of the distance of the round trip to your exchange destination and back will be made using a low-emissions means of transport such as bus, train or car-pooling. Ferry is not considered to be low-emissions means of transport in this case.  

    The green travel grant is 50 €. Additionally, a maximum of four extra travel days can be added to the duration of your mobility.   

    Studying in Europe at host universities that are not included in the Erasmus+ programme, grant amount similar to Erasmus+ grants.

    Overseas exchanges (destinations outside Europe)

    Studying at a partner university outside of Europe (year 2023): 2200€ lump sum/ 1 semester, and 3000€ for 2 semesters (i.e. 1 academic year).

    Studying in self-arranged free mover student exchanges outside Europe, the grant is 1500€ lump sum.

    Short-term study exchanges (2 weeks–less than 3 months)   

    In all short-term study exchanges, the required minimum number of credits is at least 3 ECTS per exchange or 5 ECTS per month (with exchanges lasting one month or longer).    

    In Europe, the grant is 150€ per week. Outside Europe it is 200€ per week. The maximum grant for short-term exchanges in Europe is 750€, and outside Europe 1000€.   The short-term study exchange grants are mainly available for exchanges in Oamk partner universities.

    North2north destinations    

    In Finland, the North2north grant programme is managed by the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI). Finnish students typically receive between €1,500 and €2,500 per student exchange, depending on the destination and duration.    

    The N2N grants are €1,000 (3–5 months) and €1,500 (5–12 months). The student is also provided with a travel grant of €500 for nearby regions (Murmansk and the Nordic countries) and €1,000 for other regions. You cannot complete training abroad in North2north host universities.   

    Practical training exchange   

    Long-term exchanges (longer than 2 months)    

    In all practical training lasting longer than 2 months, the required number of credits is 3 ECTS per practical training month.    

    Erasmus+ practical training exchange (for European destinations)  

    In the Erasmus + programmes, the host countries are divided into two categories. Your grant amount is determined by the destination and the duration (in days) of your practical training.   

    Country group 1: Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Luxemburg, United Kingdom, Sweden
    Country group 2: The Netherlands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Poland, France, Romania, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, Estonia, Serbia

    Country group 1: 690€ / full month
    Country group 2: 640€ / full month

    Please also see the additional Erasmus+ grants above.

    Practical training outside Europe 

    For a self-acquired practical training outside Europe, travel grant €1,500 lump sum + approx. €300 per month. The latter is calculated according to the actual days of the exchange.  No monthly grant is paid if the student receives €1,000 or more in salary.   Travel grant is available for paid traineeships also.

    Short practical training (from 5 days to less than 2 months)   

    In short practical training, the grant is €150 per week in Europe. Outside Europe, it is €200 per week.   The maximum grant paid to Europe is 1050€, and outside Europe 1200€. 

    The required minimum number of credits is 3 ECTS per month or 3 ECTS per practical training (in cases where the training is shorter than one month).

  • Contact persons and further information (korvaa # -> @)

    - address reaches the following persons


    Piritta Nätynki, Oamk Student Services

    Erasmus+ study exchanges and traineeships at European partner universities.

    Service hours in Linnanmaa campus, Luotsi, 7C103 Tuesdays at 11-13

    in Zoom on Wednesdays and Thursdays, please see more detailed information from Oiva, News, International opportunities

    and you can reach me also by email (korvaa # -> @)


    Katja Kurasto, International Mobility Services

    Overseas exchange and self-acquired traineeships

    Virtual office hour every Wednesday at 14-15. For the link, please send en e-mail to (korvaa # -> @)


    Satu Lohiniva, International Mobility Services

    North-to-north programme 

    Virtual office hour every Wednesday at 14-15. For the link, please send en e-mail to (korvaa # -> @)


    About the content of your exchange, the suitable exchange time or other study-related issues, please consult your Head of the Degree Programme and International Academic Coordinators  of your school.

    Heads of the Degree Programme and International Academic Coordinators