Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland
Is your Bachelor’s degree yet unfinished? You can apply for Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland at Oulu UAS. Please get acquainted with our admissions criteria.
Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland only concerns studies leading into a degree started in Finland. The purpose of Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland is that those who have suspended their studies can apply for a right to complete their remaining studies leading to a degree without having to participate in the normal student selection. If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen applying for Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland, please read more about our tuition fees.
The admission criteria concerning the Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland are as follows:
1. Applicant has paid the processing fee. The application is not handled if the fee is unpaid.
2. The applicant will continue studying in the same or corresponding UAS degree programme where he or she has previously began his or her studies for a degree in Finland.
3. The applicant does not hold a valid right to complete a degree in the degree programme he or she is applying for.
4. The applicant has lost his or her right to study for one of the following reasons:
- They have resigned from the degree programme or
- Their time of study has run out or
- They have been registered as resigned due to having neglected enrolment and his or her right to study has ended.
5. At the time of applying
- The bachelor's degree can lack 60 ECTS credits at most
- The master's degree scope of 60 ECTS can lack 45 ECTS credits at most
- The master's degree scope of 90 ECTS can lack 60 ETS credits at most
- Studies completed at an Open University of Applied Sciences will also be taken into account. The applicant’s previous studies can also have been completed at another University of Applied Sciences.
6. The applicant demonstrates his/her language skills if the language of instruction of unfinished higher education degree or the language of the previous education is different from the language of instruction in the degree programme applied to. Applicants´ language skills must be at the level 3 or 4 in YKI test. The language of the previous education refers to the language of instruction in upper secondary school, of which the applicant has a grade in his or her mother tongue in his or her certificate. The language of the previous education is also considered to be
- the language in which the applicant has passed an approved examination in the mother tongue in the matriculation examination
- the language for which the applicant has received at least a grade magna laude approbatur in the Finnish as a second language test in the matriculation examination
7. The so-called SORA legislation applies to education leading to a UAS degree in the fields of social services and health care, humanities and education, sports and exercise and seafaring. These fields have requirements concerning the safety of minors, patient and client safety or traffic safety which restrict student admission. In these fields, it is required that health and functional capacity of approved applicants are such that they are able to take part in the practical assignments or training relating to studies.
Familiarize yourself with the field-specific requirements on health and functional capacity before submitting your application: More information at the website of UAS info.
8. The applicant has delivered all required documents by the given deadline.
9. The applicant passes a possible interview or entrance examination.
10. The resources of the educational department enable a student’s admission into the degree programme or the option.
The application period for studies starting in the autumn is from April 1 to May 15 or the following weekday. Study right begins on August 1. The application period for studies starting in the spring is from October 1 to November 15 or the following weekday. Study right begins on January 1. Every application period ends on the last day of the application at 3 p.m. Finnish time.
Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland must be applied by filling in the online application (Studyinfo-service) during the application period. All documents (an up-to-date transcript of records, the certificate of the time of the resignation, the study plan and the timetable for the completion of the studies together with the receipt of the handling fee) must be uploaded to the online application by the end of the application period. N. B. Applicants who have already studied at Oulu UAS do not have to deliver transcript of records nor certificate of the time of resignation. Paid handling fees are non-refundable.
The application period in spring is from 3rd April to 15th May 2023.
Study programs available during the application period:
Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
Bachelor of Engineering, Information Technology
Master of Business Administration, Data Analytics and Project Management
Master of Engineering, Data Analytics and Project Management
Master of Engineering, Printed Intelligence
Master of Culture and Arts, Education Entrepreneurship: Applicants are required to write the advance assignment and take part in an interview online. The advance assignment should be submitted in English in pdf-format by uploading it to the online application on 15 May at 3 pm Finnish time at the latest. Read more about the advance assignment.
Required attachments must be attached to the online application:
- A certificate of the date of the resignation
Attach a certificate of the time of resignation signed by the higher education institution. Electronically signed documents are also accepted. Applicants who have already studied at Oulu UAS do not have to deliver transcript of records nor certificate of the time of resignation.
- An up-to-date transcript of records
The application must be accompanied by an up-to-date transcript of records signed by the higher education institution. Electronically signed documents are also accepted. If possible, attach the transcript of records also in English. If you have completed studies in open university of applied sciences, please also attach transcript of records from these studies.
Applicants who have already studied at Oulu UAS do not have to deliver transcript of records nor certificate of the time of resignation.
- A study plan and a timetable for the completion of the studies
Attach a free form study plan and a timetable for the completion of the studies.
- A receipt of payment of the processing fee
A receipt of the payment must be enclosed with the application.
- Advance assignment of the applicants applying for Master's degrees.
Attach a assignment to the application.
A fee of 50 euros will be charged for processing the application for the Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland (Decree 1461/2015 § 3). A receipt of the payment must be enclosed with the application and other documents.
Payee: Oulun ammattikorkeakoulu
Name of the bank: Osuuspankki
Account number (IBAN): FI32 5741 4020 0600 54
Message: Oamk 43000020
It is of utmost importance to fill in the message field in order for the payment to be directed correctly.
Paid payments shall not be refunded.
Student Selection and Appeal
After the decision concerning Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland has been made, Admission Services will inform the applicants of the decision. The applicants will be informed of the results of the student selection at the latest by 30th June (application period in spring) or by 15th December (application period in autumn). The study place must be confirmed by the given date informed in the notification of the decision. If the applicant does not confirm the study place by the given date, he/she will lose the study place. The right to study is granted from the beginning of the next semester for up to three semesters.
Applicant may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. See more information about one-place-per-student provision.
Oulu University of Applied Sciences
P.O. BOX 405
FI-90101 OULU, FINLAND
N.B. The appeal must be signed by the applicant. Oulu University of Applied Sciences takes no responsibility for delays caused by the postal delivery services.
The right to study is granted from the beginning of the next semester for up to three semesters. The time for the right to study is determined based on the studies to be completed. Those who have received the right to study do not have the right of absence.
The rules of the Oamk tuition fee and scholarship system apply to a student who is admitted Study Right Based on Previous UAS Degree Studies in Finland in Oamk. More information on the Oamk’s tuition fees can be found on the Bachelor's and Master's pages of the joint application.
You can also apply for Study Right Based on Previous Studies at the School of Professional Teacher Education.