Rokka – encouraging steps for cobotics
The Rokka project brings courage to collaborative robotics. Rokka improves the awareness and basic know-how of companies, teaching and research staff in collaborative robotics and flexible automation by carrying out a digital course tray suitable for higher education.
The project combines lean robotics to collaborative robotics. Lean robotics is a systematic approach to utilising the work done by robots in manufacture – all the way from design, integration and operative functions.
Objectives of the project
- To lift the know-how on collaborative robots in Northern Ostrobothnia to an international level.
- To improve the abilities, competence and competitiveness of the companies in Northern Ostrobothnia.
- To be active and take initiative in the international network of cobotics (collaborative robotics).
- To use international benchmarking to bring competence and create collaboration networks of the field.
- To create collaboration in the future in teaching collaborative robotics.
- To transform Oulu University of Applied Sciences in a top educator of collaborative robotics in Finland.
- To increase the abilities of Oulu University of Applied Sciences to teach and develop collaborative robotics on an international level.
- To improve the possibilities of non-Finnish staff in companies to participate in the education of collaborative robotics in Finland.
The project will be carried out during March 1, 2019 – August 31, 2021 by Oulu University of Applied Sciences. The project is funded by North Ostrobothnia Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment from the Leverage from EU 2014–2020 and European Social Fund (ESF) programmes.